Thursday, April 1, 2010

Maundy Thursday

Dear (5) Faithful readers,

I do apologize for having gone almost a week with no comments on the weather (did you know it's 80 here right now??), no comments on anything teal, and no sweet/nerdy book or graphic design related item to show you. Please forgive me.

Since this is Holy Week and today is Maundy Thursday, I thought I'd share with you a project I have been working on over the last few weeks. A group of artists at church (including myself) have been collaborating on creating the Stations of the Cross. I was put in charge of three, including Jesus in agony in the garden of Gethsemane. I'll post that one for you today in honor of Maundy Thursday. Tomorrow I'll post the other two in commemoration of what cannot be called a "happy friday" but rather, a "good friday."

I hope you are well and enjoying sunshine as I am!

Love,
Ashley


Jesus in agony in the Garden of Gethsemane

2 comments:

Taylor said...

wow amiga, i am SO impressed and i can't wait to gaze upon that during the service tomorrow. thank you for sharing your art and for being so talented! (oh, maybe I should thank God for your talent. hah. cheesy.)

yourmom said...

seeing your design again tonight and reading your accompanying words, after our maundy thursday service at church...well, i'm all teary and choked up. it's just hard to think that the world cares more about a good april fools joke.