Monday, September 27, 2010

Mondays are...

Mondays are Mondays. Fortunately, I have a few things that bring me cheer when I begin the inevitable Sunday night mourning of the end of the weekend... 


New podcasts! I adore "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" (the NPR news quiz show) and "This American Life" (an hour of interesting stories). They play in real time on the radio Saturday, so when I show up to work on Monday I've got new episodes waiting for me. They're the best to listen to when I have administrative tasks for an hour or so.
My new Monday perk is the return of Hawaii Five O! The classic is back on TV as a new show. I watched the pilot and was totally won over. Good character chemistry + amazing shots of my homeland = a good thing. It airs Monday nights, so that's something to look forward to. :)

4 comments:

yourmom said...

nice billboard!

yourmom said...

in tonight's episode i thought i recognized part of the set we saw on "Hawaii" (the show that didn't make it) in the police station. that was a fun surprise!

Unknown said...

Yay for positive attitudes!

I look forward to Mondays for an evening at Morning Brew and then Castle at 9.

Also, we are renovating this fall to include ENCLOSED office spaces with DOORS...it's a miracle! So I can listen to whatever I want and I definitely thought that I could listen to "that NPR stuff that city girl ashley loves so much". Woohoo!

Ashley Joy said...

Enclosed offices and doors?! That's so exciting! I'm so glad you'll get some NPR podcasts in your life. They're amazing!