Sunday, May 15, 2011

Out of town-ing: South Carolina

I've spent about half of the last 10 days out of town, for both business and pleasure. So let's catch up, shall we?

First up: pleasure. I went home with Dave to spend a weekend with his family...


Remember how Dave and I take a photo on the bridge in downtown Greenville whenever we're in town? Here's the newest shot for that album.


Doesn't everything look green and beautiful?


And check out this tree that has had its roots exposed over the years. Cool view, huh?


The reason we picked the weekend we did was that Dave's little sister was doing an end of the year reading for one of her creative writing classes. I was really impressed with her, and her classmates', work.


A highlight of the weekend was spending a few hours outside playing putt putt. I did terribly, awfully. However, I got a hole in one towards the end and it definitely lifted my spirits! I did a little happy dance. (Okay, it might have been a big happy dance.)



I'd also like to note that I got a sunburn one day. I guess it's been a long time since my skin has seen the sunshine?

It was a wonderful weekend and I was sad that it had to end and work had to begin again on Monday! Isn't that the story of most vacations, though?

2 comments:

trisha said...

I love the bridge pictures. What a fun thing to look back on!

yourmom said...

i can so picture your big happy dance:)