Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year's Eve

 The weekend of New Year's was a very special one this year (last year?). I mentioned before that I had friends from all over the world reunite in Chicago and let me tell you, it was a sweet reunion. Christa was back in the states for a few weeks from Bangladesh and it was such a joy to see her!

There were also friends from Europe and all over the United States. It was truly wonderful. We celebrated the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 with  Chicago pizza, Taboo (my favorite game!), laughter, lychee champagne, and general good good times. It was such a good time that there's talk of Fourth of July at the lake... Woo!
 
I spotted this marquee downtown on January 1st. It was so festive! I think that day was one of my favorite so far this year because everybody on the street wished me a happy new year. It was such a friendly day!

No comments: